The Alaska.org tourism website breaks down the state into 5 areas: Southeast & Inside Passage, Far North & Arctic, South Central, Interior, and South West. Flying into Anchorage is likely the most convenient and gives you a good base to adventure from. The tourism website has a tremendous amount of information and publishes an online brochure available at this link on dropbox.
List of 11 things to do in Alaska:
1. Day Cruise in Prince William Sound or Kenai Fjords National Park
2. Fish the Kenai River
3. Fly to see the Coastal Brown Bears
4. Hike, Raft, Explore the Kenai Peninsula coast
5. Visit a Princess Alaska Lodge
6. Flightseeing Tours – Either by Seaplane or Denali Air.
7. Adventure to the Arctic Circle
8. See the Northern Lights
9. Visit Seward and charter a fishing boat.
10. Take a train and re-live gold rush history.
Alaska Map – Alaska.org
Visiting in September – Alaska Collection
Un Cruise – Small Ship Cruises Alaska